The official kickoff of Zencon, started with a keynote by Harold Goldberg, CEO Zend technologies, and Andi Gutmans. They announced a new partnership with Adobe and the release of Zend Studio 6.1.
Once the keynote was finished I attended :
- Of Haystacks and Needles by Derick Rethans
- Tiery Eyed by Kevin Schroeder
- PECL Picks – Extensions to make your life better by Elizabeth M Smith
- The Knight Rider Methodology To Software Development by Eli White
- State & Ajax – How to Maintain Browser and Application State in an Asynchronous World by Paul Reinheimer
- (In)secure Ajax-y Websites with PHP by Christian Wenz
The talks by and large were pretty good although a few of them were a bit more beginner level than I expected. I do however have to specifically point out the talks given by Eli White and Christian Wenz.
True to the title, The knight rider methodology talk showcased a lot of interesting tools that a good PHP developer should consider adding to his arsenal along with clips from the Knight Rider, complete with 80’s hair, 80’s fashion and The Hoff!
I’m glad I fought through the jetlag just because of that talk